Q- How do I know what level I am at tryouts? What routine should I be doing?
- Beginner Athletes: If you are a beginner cheer athlete or an athlete aged 6-8, please click here. You will not be required to perform an Elite Tryout Routine as listed below. You can practice this dance at home but it will also be taught at our Clinics on Tuesday, May 8th, 6:00 – 7:30 and Monday, May 14th, 6:00 – 7:30. (Click here for the dance music.)
- Athletes Levels 1-5: All athletes that wish to be considered for a placement on our Elite All Star Teams should Click Here. You will find a detailed description for our Elite Level Tryout Routine. You can select your level based on the tumbling skills on our grid. You may also watch our Tryout Routine Video examples to help you decide.
- Athletes must perform a level routine that meets and follows all skills required for that level.
- Coaches may ask athletes to come back to another night and perform a different level routine if the routine of choice is not approved. (Non-approved routines are when athletes perform a mixture of level skills.)
- The level routine that an athlete performs may or may not ultimately match the level team they are placed on. Our teams are not based 100% on tumbling.
- Athletes may perform more than 1 level routines – so long that both routines follow the rules / standards required for that level. This would be important for any athlete wanting to be considered for a crossover position. This would also be important for anyone who may be performing a level routine that is the very base of that level. It would be in your best interest to show a 2nd routine that is near the top of the previous level.