Tryout for our Elite and Prep All Star Cheer Program
Hello and thank you for your interest in the Star Athletics All Star Program. Our Tryout Process is unique and has proven to help our staff and our athletes while creating our competitive All Star Teams. We make adjustments to the process every year so please read this Tryout Guide with care. Thank you! If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Step by Step Guide to Star Athletics Tryouts & Evaluations
Register for Tryouts
- Create an account on our online enrollment system. Register for tryouts online. Do not forget to follow the steps to make the payment.
- Establish your tumbling evaluation level. Click here to find out how.
- Establish your cheer age. (What age will you be on August 31, 2018?)
- Fill out the Tryout Level Registration Form. (Please read the fine print carefully.)
- FLYERS ONLY: Please fill out the Flyer Tryout Form. (Please read the fine print carefully.)
STOP: Before moving on, you will not be scheduled to try out unless you have completed the Tryout Form and made your payment.
Prepare for Tryouts
- Choose your tumbling skills & level. Use this page to decide which skills you will perform. (All skills must follow the rubric for the level routine that you will perform.)
- Learn the Star Athletics 2018 Tryout Routine. Click here for routine examples and music.
- Attend Clinics & Classes for extra practice
Attend Your Individual Tryout
- Please attend your individual tryout according to the level of your routine. (Mon 5/14- Beginner, Level 1, Level 5… Tue 5/15- Level 4… Wed 5/16- Level 3… Thu 5/17- Level 2…You will get more information and a specific time as the Tryout Week draws near.)
- Athletes will perform the tryout routine(s) in front of Star Athletics coaches. Flyers will be asked to show basic skills on a stunt group.
- *NEW THIS YEAR*: Athletes will attend a stunting clinic on the night of their individual tryouts. This session is a for athletes to practice their stunt skills before Leveled Practices Begin. (The stunt portion of the night will NOT be judged.)
- Check your e-mail after your Individual Tryout. You will be told which Leveled Practice session(s) to attend.
- Athletes will be evaluated in stunts, basket tosses, tumbling, and jumps in a larger group/team setting. (The leveled practices are a vital part of our team creation process so please make your best effort to attend every session.)
Attend The Reveal/Parent Meeting
- Both athlete and parents can attend the Reveal. On this day, we will announce preliminary team rosters for all teams. There will also be an informational parent meeting. Most athletes will have a good idea of their team placement by the end of Leveled Practices. *Please Note*: Rosters may change throughout the summer, until the beginning of choreography season (late August/early September).
Enjoy your time as a member of TEAM STAR!!
Other Helpful Links:
VIP Page: Our Prospective Athlete Page
Future Dates: A Schedule Of Upcoming Events
E-mail Us: Contact Us With Questions