Hello and thank you for your interest in the Star Athletics All Star Program. Our Tryout Process is unique and has proven to help our staff and our athletes while creating our competitive All Star Teams. We make adjustments to the process every year so please read Tryout Guide with care. Thank you! If you have any questions, please call us 973-299-2992 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Step by Step Guide to Star Athletics Tryouts & Evaluations
Register for Tryouts
- Create an account on our online enrollment system. Register for tryouts online. Do not forget to follow the steps to make the payment.
- Establish your tumbling evaluation level. Click here to find out how.
- Establish your cheer age. (What age will you be on August 31, 2017?)
- Fill out the Tryout Level Registration form. (Please read the fine print carefully.)
STOP: Before moving on, you must know that you will not be scheduled to try out unless you have completed the Tryout Form and made your payment.
Prepare for Tryouts
- Choose your tumbling skills. Use this document to decide which skills you will perform. (All skills must follow the level routine that you will perform.)
- Learn the Star Athletics 2017 Tryout Routine. Click here for routine examples and music.
- When your tryout date draws near, we will e-mail you with your exact tryout time. Check your e-mail.
Attend Your Individual Tryout
- Please attend your individual tryout according to your e-mailed time.
- You will perform the tryout routine(s) in front of our coaches. Following the individual evaluation, you will be given a scorecard reflecting the skills performed.
- Check your e-mail after your Individual Tryout. You will be told which session(s) to attend.
- You will be evaluated in stunts, basket tosses, tumbling, and jumps in a larger group/team setting. (The leveled practices are a vital part of our team creation process so please make your best effort to attend every session.)
Attend Team Reveal/Parent Meeting
- Both athlete and parent can attend the Team Reveal on Thursday, June 14th. On this day, we will announce preliminary team rosters for all teams. There will also be an informational parent meeting. Most athletes will have a good idea of their team placement by the end of Leveled Practices. Rosters may change throughout the summer, until the beginning of choreography season (late August/early September).
Enjoy your time as a member of TEAM STAR!!